12.23.2012 | 18:06

That Awkward Moment

It was getting late when I decided to go home after a short Christmas shopping. Mall hours are extended, cavalcades go to and fro. Out of all the unfamiliar faces, I saw my newest office crush. He's on his way home.

We haven't been introduced formally but I think we know each other by mild interaction - we don't really speak to each other a lot. I recognized him first from a distance but I kept my gaze away, only to  realize that it was too late because he saw me, too.

I kept on looking at him, halfway expecting a greeting like "Oy, pre!" or something similar. I'm not the first-move-type-of-guy so I was stuck in the gaze. To break the tension, I gave him half a bow to a nod that he modestly returned (I think so?).

The atmosphere was so dense when we were about to cross each other's paths and good thing my girlfriend called me so I had an excuse to do something other than keep on looking at him.

The most awkward moment ever.

I couldn't imagine how we would fare the day work resumes.


***

PostScript: To those who keep on asking for the next chapter of the The Midnight Affair I might just be uploading an update before the year ends. I once again feel rejuvenated (on writing stories) by the amazing feedback that I've received thus far. Thank you. I guess this is the phase where my time management sucks me whole. It is quite obvious in the spacing of my last ten blogposts. But I will try to write more in the weeks to come, despite the looming promotion with tons of paperwork. I hope you have happy holidays!

10 comments:

  1. There! The moment when the whole world seemed to be in slowmo to a halt. How magical could that be? Hehehe it's a start ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's nothing, then things remain as it is when your work day resumes. :)

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definitely definitely write more. I miss your posts! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheezy oh,
    ung tipong may glitter effect pag nag kakakatitigan haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays, lil bro! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was there and saw what was happening - I would say "awkwarddddddddddd!" just to break the ice :)


    Merry Christmas sis! Have a great one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... Get ready for more awkward moments.:D

      MErry Christmas, friend. :D

      Delete
  7. hmm wait you have a girlfriend or a friend who is a girl?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... Kakilig awkward feeling... Alam ba niya?

    ReplyDelete
  9. na experience ko na rin.. kilig much. Galing ka naman sumulat- keep inspiring!

    Happy new year sayo Green. Salamat sa pagiging part ng blogosphere life ko.

    ReplyDelete

so... what's your take on it?

Unquote Joe

Most of the time, tact is not for the intelligent. It takes a great deal of 'being there' to realize that something else is going on.
+++
Albeit Greatness speaks of an effort-filled voyage, the shortest trail en route is the way down.

The Tweet-ter

Follow me @green_breaker

Cohorts


Popular Posts