6.06.2012 | 16:20

Kids

There is something in my being which draws me close to children -- a part of me that I cannot avoid or even figure out.

Two Sundays ago, after our service, we had a thanksgiving at the church and we stayed there for up to two more hours after lunch time. My sister and I were sitting on the corner when two kids started playing near us. I taught at Sunday School for kids below 12 and my special connection with the church children is undeniable. I was listening to the elders talking in the front portion in front of the altar when the boy started asking me questions.

"Anong laruan 'to?" he asked.

I pretended not to hear him then he started making papansin and the girl she was playing with joined him in winding me. I didn't like what they were doing so I stomped my feet with a little force to tell them passively that I'm an authority and I didn't want what they're doing.

The children stopped at once then my sister gave a comment: "Lapitin ka talaga ng mga bata ano?" but I shrugged the idea however obvious her observation was.

Yesternight, I had an eerie dream. I was in a roomy cabin with lots and lots of kids, boys and girls, many of them share an age bracket like 20 5-year olds, 15 4-year olds et cetera. They were playing, most of them oblivious of my presence. I was smiling at their energy, at their number when one girl, around three years old, came to me crying. She came to me, saying the words: "Daddy, daddy."

I immediately got off the bed. I tried to think of something logical. Maybe if I had collected my seeds or spent them on a woman I'd have that much children by now. I laughed and got scared at the idea the same time.

I love children. I always get their attention, even the snobbest or the most shy. In ten minutes they'd reach out to me, play with me, kiss me or hug me. There are several times when I get so frustrated wanting to embrace and carry the baby in our neighborhood.

Whenever I open my Facebook account, I see my highschool, elementary and college friends having pictures of their babies posted. There are times too when I think that I already want to have children.

But there are more times when I think of how to raise them than see them all make me happy. Children are responsibilities. I think I'm not yet ready for them.

20 comments:

  1. I'd love to have kids. Pero like you, I don't think I'd be able to handle the responsibilities. Hehe. "There's always a time for everything."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me:


      http://vanillapleasures.blogspot.com/2012/01/no-child-policy.html

      Delete
    2. @rei: yeah, that's right. there will always be a time for everything.

      Delete
    3. @lanchie: kids are blessings. but it is your choice not wanting to have one. :)

      Delete
  2. "daddy tendencies?" Hehehe hmm... I think it's your subconscious telling you to settle down already? LOL ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ui grabe naman. I don't think so. I'm not yet ready to raise a family.

      Delete
  3. They're just cute when they're young, but when they get old, they become pain-in-the-ass. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, based on personal experiences with little relatives? :p

      That's true, btw.

      Delete
  4. Ang freaky! Nag-turo din ako ng Sunday School. at lapitin din ako ng mga bagets. Maybe they recognize the dominance ng Leo (?) lolz mema lang

    I guess the only difference is I can't stand kids. I can tolerate them pero ang hirap pag magulo sila...

    The other day, I was looking at yung FB profile nung mga kaklase ko nung grade school. A lot of them have kids na rin... freaky no? There was a slight kirot as I browsed through albums of children, wives and houses. Sana kasi ganun lang kadali yun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pareho tayo sa halos lahat naman kuya eh. Alam mo na. At natawa ako sa mema mo. Medyo may point naman kasi.

      Freaky talaga pag sila may mga anak na at tayo na lang ang wala. Dun nag-uumpisa ang countless na mga tanong et cetera et cetera..

      Delete
    2. It's the questions that kill us, no? Or is it envy din? Kaso parang tuta lang yan. Pag lumaki, di na kasing cute. haha shet, ang bad.

      Delete
    3. Haha. The questions, not envy. Or maybe, my time to being envious of having something that they have has not yet come. :p

      Delete
    4. usually it's the questions, but sometimes (in my case) may envy na din. and then sometimes, (in my case again) of what's expected from you.

      i'm getting older and nearing that age range wherein almost everyone has kids na. kung ganun lang sana kadali diba? haha :D

      but sometimes i wonder kung ano ibibigay kong name for a daughter or a son. haha :D

      Delete
  5. i love kids wag lang maxado makulit at pilyo ksi mhirap tlga i handle ung mga ganun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Kahit ako nahihirapan mag-handle ng ganun pero may mga technique din naman akong natutunan para ma-control sila kahit papano. :p

      Delete
  6. baka may positive aura ka at naa-attract sila :) lapitin din ako ng kids, feeling ko dahil may clownish aura naman ako. ninong ako sis pag may anak ka na ha! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. NINANG teh! :p

      Hindi ko alam.. Ikaw naman ang mahilig mag-interpret ng mga aura sis eh. Akoy hamak na tao lamang na lapitin ng mga bata.. :p

      Delete
  7. Kids are drawn to attractive people.

    I'm a kid magnet too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ang alam ko, sabi mo saken. mahilig ka sa bata. whahahhah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. baka looking for daddy partner? hehehe

    ReplyDelete

so... what's your take on it?

Unquote Joe

Most of the time, tact is not for the intelligent. It takes a great deal of 'being there' to realize that something else is going on.
+++
Albeit Greatness speaks of an effort-filled voyage, the shortest trail en route is the way down.

The Tweet-ter

Follow me @green_breaker

Cohorts


Popular Posts