4.20.2012 | 09:40

Volition Wars

For the past two weeks of my life, there has been a constant battle of wills, tug of thoughts, roller coaster of emotions. Above all unspeakable truths and alienated intentions, the cogent analysis of my becoming can be compared to that of a losing war, minus the surrender of firearms and raising of a white flag.

By a certain methodology, my ways were significantly reduced to scant actuation. Its inception appears to be a disturbing aberration, because I always would take things down, discuss it with my subconscious and do something about it no matter how trivial.

Recent events accounted, a significant change had taken its worthy spot: A volition war is in effect.

Choosing between the things you like and the person who likes you is a difficult choice to make. The will may be the keystone in the arch of human achievement but nothing takes away the moral obligation to considerations. When a person gets a little nudge to maturity (which I believe is my case here), he learns that it is not always all about the things he wants. It now boils down to what is right and what is more beneficial.

Picking among invisible menus makes me thug like a faint heart. Hopeful, me would always believe that somewhere, there is a probability that the pick is correct. Because I chose you.

14 comments:

  1. It goes down in to our hearts- what is heavy and what is essential for/to us. Relatively the importance of our decisions will either make us or destroy us.

    RELATE..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, what matters are the things that count. The things that could make a difference.

      Delete
  2. i think it is always about being responsible for your decision. but in the end, always go for what will make you happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it would make me happy, LJ. =)

      Delete
  3. Just do whatever it is that makes you happy. I mean, if it doesn't, we can always choose the alternative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me happy, Rei. I won't be hanging around if it's not a cool thing to do.

      Delete
  4. @joe: must you always talk in riddles? hahaha.. :P whatever that decision is, kuya's here to support you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. musta naman yung board exams mo kuya joe? ready na ba?

    XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Human na ui. Nakapasar na man ko.. :)

      Delete
  6. Hmmm very complicated, a grown up thing. It's much the same as choosing what you want and what you need. I hope that in whatever decision you made, whatever turns up in the course of time, you would not regret it. And I know you won't because it's what makes you believe you'd be happy with.

    I feel like weird telling all these. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness Ken thank you very much!! I love you for this comment. You've totally interpreted it for one reader who was rather unhappy with his interpretation. :)

      You must feel weird. You've never given an advice before.

      Delete
  7. hindi ko sure ang meaning ng volition, cogent, abberation hehe.. so no comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wag mo na lang to intindihin kuya dabo. Most of the parts of this post naman ay directed sa isang tao.

      Delete

so... what's your take on it?

Unquote Joe

Most of the time, tact is not for the intelligent. It takes a great deal of 'being there' to realize that something else is going on.
+++
Albeit Greatness speaks of an effort-filled voyage, the shortest trail en route is the way down.

The Tweet-ter

Follow me @green_breaker

Cohorts


Popular Posts